Located in the industrial heart of Hamilton, our client is an industry leader in machining, millwrighting, welding, and dynamic balancing. Our client’s reputation has been built on high quality work and exceptional customer service, with a quality management system developed in-house that has led to ISO 9001:2015 certification and CWB 47.1 and 47.2 facility certification. Our client holds a reputable client list in a variety of industries, including heavy equipment manufacturers, steel manufacturing, oil and gas, municipality, wastewater, freshwater, and transportation.
The Mechanical Technologist is involved in many steps of the manufacturing process requiring an understanding of the design and function of mechanical components. From an idea or drawing to manufacturing, final inspection and assembly, the skillset of the technologist may be called upon by those involved in any step.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Perform on-site measurement and assessment of elements influencing scope of work and design requirements
· Work with personnel of diverse technical backgrounds (machinists, welders, millwrights, and management) to interpret engineering problems and drawings
· Research and source materials, hardware, coatings etc. in order to fulfill design requirements
· Create and validate new designs through communication with customers, professional engineers, coworkers
· Generate auxiliary drawings/CAD from customer drawings to aid in manufacturing
· Reverse engineer worn, damaged, custom, or otherwise unavailable components
· Generate complete drawing sets and CAD files as required by each project
· Program FARO Arm CMM using PolyWorks Inspector
· Manage engineering files in accordance with company procedures
· College/University Mechanical Technology Diploma/Degree or equivalent
· Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial environment
· Proficient in the use of SolidWorks
· Experienced with PolyWorks Inspector is an asset
· Experience with FARO Arm CMM is an asset
· Experience with Microsoft Office
· Valid driver’s licence
· General metrology
· Capable of effectively communicating complex ideas
· $50K-$70K annually
· Health benefits and RRSP program
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.